Delonghi Portable Air Conditioner Reviews
- 1 Delonghi Portable Air Conditioner Reviews
- 1.1 About DeLonghi
- 1.2 5 Best Delonghi Portable Air Conditioner
- 1.3 Recommended Delonghi Portable Air Conditioner Reviews
- 1.3.1 DeLonghi PACC120E 12,000 BTU
- 1.3.2 DeLonghi PACAN125HPEC 12,500 BTU with Heat Pump
- 1.3.3 DeLonghi PACN110EC 11,000 BTU
- 1.3.4 DeLonghi America PACAN140ES.WH-3A 14,000 BTU
- 1.3.5 De'Longhi Pinguino 3-in-1 13,500 BTU
- 1.4 Why DeLonghi Air Conditioners Are a Preferred Brand
- 1.5 How to Choose a Good Portable Air Conditioner
Portable air conditioners are a common choice for people who do not want to go through the hassle of installing the big ones that take time and space. DeLonghi air conditioners are a known brand and as you read DeLonghi portable air conditioner reviews you will realize why many people like this brand.
This review will introduce you to 5 of the highly recommended DeLonghi air conditioners and give you insight into what to expect if you purchased any one of them.
DeLonghi is a company that has been in existence since 1902, it started off as a small family business making small mechanical parts. With time they switched to making the portable air conditioners which they are now known for.
With their headquarters in Italy, they have managed to spread out to most parts of the world providing portable air conditioners which unlike the window units, do not block your view. The Pinguino, which is Italian for Penguin, are a popular and favorite brand for many home and office owners.
5 Best Delonghi Portable Air Conditioner
DeLonghi PACAN125HPEC with Heat Pump
DeLonghi America PACAN140ES.WH-3A
De'Longhi Pinguino 3-in-1
Recommended Delonghi Portable Air Conditioner Reviews
With this portable conditioner, you can save on your energy bill and still have a cool room. Its 12,000 BTU is sufficient for a complete living room but I find it works best in a bedroom. I also find its noise level acceptable for a bedroom, on a hot summer night, you can sleep in a cool and calm atmosphere and no need to get up to change settings since there is a remote.
There is no reason to worry about the gas it uses since it uses environmentally safe refrigerator gas.
The set up is quite easy and fast so within 5 minutes or less you will be able to transfer it from one room to another. It is also great that you do not need to have a bucket to collect water dripping off.
- There is no need for emptying a bucket
- It does not take up as much electricity as some other models
- It is easy to set up in less than 5 minutes
- It has an integrated dehumidifier so the room stays fresh as it cools it
- Operation is quiet so you can sleep easy while it works
- It uses environmentally friendly gas which is also safe for you using it
- It probably would not be great in a room larger than 450sq/ft
If you want a portable air conditioner with slightly more cooling range than a 12,000BTU then you can opt for this one with 500BTU more. It is also a 4 in one unit since it can heat, cool, dehumidify and circulate air. You can program the timer so that you save energy and have it running only when you need it.
Wheels are pretty much a necessity for a portable unit and this one is no exception, it comes with inbuilt castor wheels. You do not have to walk up to the unit to program it since it comes with a remote.
I particularly like that it is black which means it will not show that much dust so if you are lazy to dust regularly, you may appreciate this one.
- It is 4 in 1 which means you don’t only use it in the summer, but even in the winter
- You do not have to drain it often
- With 12500 BTU, it can cool a room of 800sq/ft or more
- Since it is black, dust that collects does not show easily
- It is energy efficient
- You need a container the height of a frying pan to collect the water since the outlet is low
Sometimes you may be just fine with only the fan especially when it is not so hot. With this PACN110EC, you can enjoy that with its fan-only setting. It is typically a 3 in one portable air conditioner, so you can also dehumidify the air as well as cool it. All functions can be easily accessed on the clear LCD screen of the remote.
I have come to realize that most DeLonghi portable air conditioners are easy to install which makes them a good portable unit.
You can choose to roll this one using the wheels or carry it using the safe grip handles on the side, though people 5 feet and under may find it a bit of a challenge carrying it. I would recommend it for an office or bedroom if you are to enjoy the maximum cooling effect.
- The 3 in one function, especially the fan only setting is a nice option
- It auto evaporates the humidity it creates which gives you less worry about having to drain it
- It works well in small to medium rooms which makes it a good fit for offices or regular bedrooms
- Although it is not quiet, you are still able to go about your business without getting irritated
- For a portable product, it is rather large so some people may find difficulty carrying it.
Now if you are looking for a more powerful portable air conditioner then this one would be a good fit. I would recommend it for a living room or family room because it has the ability to cool large rooms in the home, but also because it may be a bit too loud for the bedroom. This air conditioner recycles the condensation so that you do not need to struggle with emptying a bucket.
It also has a HEPA filter that ensures the air let out is free of microbes. This is a generally environmentally friendly air conditioner that also saves you from high electric bills.
It has 3 settings and you can also have the fan only and choose between 3 speeds. You, however, need to be ready to spend over 1000 dollars.
- It has 14,000 BTU which makes it capable of cooling a wider room than most portable AC
- It has a BioSilver air filter which helps to purify the air it lets out keeping your environment healthy
- You do not need tools to set it up which makes it fast and easy to move around
- There is no need for emptying pans or buckets since it evaporates condensation
- Its noise is not too loud so you are still able to have a conversation or watch TV while it’s on
- It is priced above 1000 dollars which may be steep for a number of people
If you like the 14,000 BTU but you are not ready to spend over $1000 on it, then you can try out this cheaper one which will have 500 BTU less but a number of the same features. You will be able to enjoy the 3 in 1 feature, the BioSilver filter and a strong cooling effect for your living room and other rooms.
This is a much cheaper option but I think you would still be happy with its performance, the 13,500BTU is sufficient to keep your room breezy. Since setting it up is easy, you should not have problems transferring it from one room to another. Like most De’Longhi air conditioners, it comes with wheels to make moving it easy.
- It is cheaper than similar versions but it still performs well
- It provides single room heating which allows you to raise the thermostat and lower the electric bill
- It has a filter that prevents dust and bacteria from being blown around in the room
- It is not too heavy so moving it around is easier
- There is no need for emptying a bucket since it evaporates the water
- The color can stain easily, you need to clean it regularly to prevent unsightly marks
Depending on the size of your room, you can choose any of these DeLonghi air conditioners that have received favorable ratings from different people who have used them. The 12500 BTU with a heat pump would be my choice since it can be used to heat the room as well as cool it so you can use it all year round. The PAC120E with 12,000 BTU is preferred by many and its price is reasonable so that may be what you can go for if you do not need a very powerful air conditioner. If however, you would like to cool a large room, then the 14,000BTU could be powerful enough for your entire living room. On the other hand, you can opt for a lighter air conditioner which even gives you the option of just using the fan. The PACN110E 11,000BTU gives you exactly that. With all this information you should now be able to make a choice.
Why DeLonghi Air Conditioners Are a Preferred Brand
There are many options
DeLonghi air conditioners have a variety of models to suit different needs. If for example, you are the kind that would buy one based on its BTU, there are a number of choices of different BTUs. The features are also many which means different tastes and preferences can be met
There is also a wide price range so that just about everyone can own an air conditioner. You may have to settle for fewer features on a particular product because it is at an affordable price but it is still able to deliver what it says it will. For many consumers, they are happy with the value they got for the money spent on a Delonghi air conditioner.
All DeLonghi Air Conditioners come with a warranty from the manufacturer. As long as you purchase it from the manufacturer or an authorized dealer, you should be able to get a warranty which will cover repairs and parts as long as you adhere to the terms of the warranty.
Delonghi has made a name for itself providing high-quality units to homes across the globe. Many people choose to trust a company that is already established and has a track record of providing quality.
How to Choose a Good Portable Air Conditioner
Check the BTU
The most important thing is that the air conditioner should be able to cool the room in which you intend to use it. The best way to ensure this is done is to consider its British Thermal Unit (BTU) and then compare it with the area of the room you will be using it in square feet. To determine the area of the room, take a measurement of the length in feet and then multiply it by its width also in feet. Now a BTU of 8,000, can cool as much as 200 sq feet while 10,000BTU will cool 300sq ft. 12,000BTU will cool 400sq ft and so on. You, however, should also bear in mind that the stronger the BTU, the bigger the unit and the heavier.
Consider added features
Some air conditioners are more versatile than others, if you are able to go for the more versatile ones that may cost more, go ahead. Apart from being able to cool the room, you may want to look out for some of these extra features.
Dehumidifier: this feature is used to remove moisture from the air within the room. This helps to keep the air fresh. This feature can also prevent mold from growing in your room.
Fan: You may want to just circulate the air in the room as opposed to cooling it. The fan option may save you a higher energy bill and sometimes it is enough just to have a fan blowing the air instead of running the conditioner.
Heater: It helps to have a heating system as well on your portable air conditioner so that even during the winter, the same unit will be able to keep the temperature comfortable. You actually save money as well since you do not have to buy or install a heater separately.
Evaporator: Some air conditioners have an evaporator which saves you the trouble of having to empty a bucket from time to time.
Programmable timer: A programmable timer allows you to set the time that the conditioner starts running and when it goes off, this means you can set it to turn on an hour before you get home so that you return to an already cooled house, this feature will also save energy.
Remote control: this is a feature of convenience, you may not want to get out of bed to turn on or off the unit so having a remote control makes it easier.
Lamp off: The lights on some units may be too bright in the night so if there is a lamp off feature, you can have the unit running but without all the indicator lights.