Whynter Portable Air Conditioner Reviews
- 1 Whynter Portable Air Conditioner Reviews
- 1.1 About Whynter
- 1.2 5 Best Whynter Portable Air Conditioner
- 1.3 Recommended Whynter Portable Air Conditioner Reviews
- 1.3.1 Whynter ARC-14SH 14,000 BTU Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner with Heater with Storage Bag
- 1.3.2 Whynter 14,000 BTU Dual Hose ARC-143MX)
- 1.3.3 Whynter 8,000 BTU Eco-Friendly ARC-08WB
- 1.3.4 Whynter 11,000 BTU Dual Hose ARC-110WD
- 1.3.5 Whynter ARC-122DS Elite 12000 BTU Dual Hose
- 1.4 How to Choose a Good Portable Air Conditioner
- 1.5 Installing a Portable Air Conditioner
If you worry about the effect air conditioners have on the environment, you can stop feeling guilty about cooling your house with one if you go for a Whynter AC. You will realize that most Whynter portable air conditioner reviews point out that they are eco-friendly which means they do not use any components that may damage the ozone layer of even your health.
These units are highly effective as well since they have dual hose system which tends to cool the temperature faster and can help to lower your expenditure on electricity. This guide will help you make the best choice.
Whynter is a relatively new company that started operation in 2006. It is an American company with the main production facility in California. Despite being new, they have made a name for themselves by producing quality household appliances which include portable air conditioners, refrigerators, air purifiers, dehumidifiers, and fans. These products are quickly gaining popularity as the company grows even bigger.
5 Best Whynter Portable Air Conditioner
Whynter ARC-14SH Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner with Heater with Storage Bag
Whynter Dual Hose ARC-143MX)
Whynter Eco-Friendly ARC-08WB
Whynter Dual Hose ARC-110WD
Whynter ARC-122DS Elite Dual Hose
Recommended Whynter Portable Air Conditioner Reviews
Here is a strong portable AC that you can use all year round. It has a cooling system for the hot summers and a heating system for winter. Its 14000BTU strength can cool a 500 square foot room. With this, you can have a boardroom where people will actually pay attention to what is being said instead of shifting uneasily because of the heat
It is interesting that it has more functions than some other AC in the same BTU but it is slightly cheaper than them.
The dual hose system will get the job done more effectively and with auto evaporate you can dehumidify a room without having to empty a bucket, which is a chore many people do not like.
- It has both cooling and heating functions so it can be used all year round
- It is cheaper than some other ACs in the same category with fewer functions
- It is easy to install and operate
- It can detect current leakage which will reduce the risk of fires
- The carbon filter is easy to remove and clean to ensure the air is always fresh
- It is top heavy so if you apply more force to the back as you push it, it may topple over and fall
If it is not only bout having a cool room but also clean air, this is a portable AC you may want to try out. it has an antimicrobial filter that will ensure clean air in the room and like most Whynter portable AC, it is eco-friendly which is another plus. The dual hose system enables it to ensure more effective air flow for faster cooling.
With this air conditioner, you can cool a maximum space of 500 square feet and it can remove as much as 91 pints of moisture a day.
This unit can provide high-intensity cooling at a lower cost so I would recommend it for private server rooms that are looking to effectively cool the area at a lower cost.
- With dual hose system and 14000BTU, it has very effective cooling ability
- It has a 3M antimicrobial filter which ensures it blows out clean air
- It has a sleek design which would look nice in any modern living room
- It is simple to operate and install
- After cycling, it takes a few minutes before it starts cooling, it feels like a long wait
For an area with little floor space, this can be a good choice, its 8000 BTU is best for small rooms and offices. This unit comes with standard features like a dehumidifier and it auto evaporates moisture so that you do not struggle with emptying a bucket. The ARC-08WB is also eco-friendly so for Earth lovers, they can use it knowing they are not contributing to the destruction of the ozone.
If you do not like returning home to a hot room and waiting for the unit to cool the room, you can use the programmable timer which will get it started even before you get home.
The timer can also be programmed to shut down at a certain time to save energy. For a small home, this seems like a good deal.
- It is eco-friendly since it does not use any refrigerants that damage the ozone
- It has auto evaporate which saves you from emptying buckets when dehumidifying
- It has a 24-hour programmable timer which saves energy and can start even before you get home
- There is a full function remote so that you do not have to walk to the unit to operate it
- It covers a smaller surface area than many other portable AC which is ideal for saving space
- For an 8000 BTU AC, it 65 decibels is loud
With dual hose system, this AC should be able to effect cooling faster than the single hose ones. It is ideal for rooms not exceeding 350 square feet and it does a good job with its different functions. You can choose to use the cooling function or just the fan and if there is too much humidity, you can use the dehumidifier. The AC has 3 different speeds so if you what a more quiet room, you can set it on low.
This unit can also save energy consumption if you use the thermostat which will turn it off when the temperature is at the desired level. There is an LCD display with controls but you will get the majority of the functions on the remote rather than the display.
- It is double hose system so it is more efficient than the single hose ones
- It has a carbon filter which is washable and can remove odors from the air
- The window kit is easy to install horizontally or vertically
- It has a thermostat which can turn it off when the desired temperature is achieved
- It has self-evaporating system
- Most of the functions are only on the remote so if it is lost, you may be unable to do certain things
I particularly like how compact this unit is, if you have issues with space, you may also appreciate that it tries not to take up more space than is necessary. There is also the dual hose feature which means it is more efficient and the cooling effect is reached much faster. Its 12000 BTU gives it enough power to cool a 400 square feet room. I would recommend it for a server room or garage office/workshop which needs intense cooling.
It is able to dehumidify a room and it evaporates moisture instead of dripping into a bucket. If the heat is not too intense, you can use the fan only option which has 3 speeds. There is a thermostat that can be adjusted between 61 to 89 degrees. The remote has all the functions you need so no need to walk up to the unit.
- It has dual hose system which cools down the area faster
- The unit is compact so less space is taken up in comparison to other air conditioners
- It is free from harmful led material so you are safe using it
- It is reasonably priced for a unit this effective
- You have to physically turn the unit to change direction of the air flow
When it comes to Whynter portable conditioners, most of them are dual hose system which makes them more effective. If you are looking for an AC for a big room, then the 14000 BTU AC will be a good choice. The ARC-14SH would be a good choice since it also has heating function and it is cheaper than the ARC-143MX which does not have a heater. For a smaller room, the ARC-08WB is an affordable 8000BTU AC with just about all the standard features you may need. It is strong and reliable and as long as you do not use it in a very large room, you should be happy with the results. If on the other hand, you are trying to save floor space, then you may want to go with the compact ARC-122DRS which is designed to take up the least amount of floor space possible. One of these 5 portable air conditioners should be able to meet your need.
How to Choose a Good Portable Air Conditioner
Check the BTU
The most important thing is that the air conditioner should be able to cool the room in which you intend to use it. The best way to ensure this is done is to consider its British Thermal Unit (BTU) and then compare it with the area of the room you will be using it in square feet. To determine the area of the room, take a measurement of the length in feet and then multiply it by its width also in feet. Now a BTU of 8,000, can cool as much as 200 sq feet while 10,000BTU will cool 300sq ft. 12,000BTU will cool 400sq ft and so on. You, however, should also bear in mind that the stronger the BTU, the bigger the unit and the heavier.
Consider added features
Some air conditioners are more versatile than others, if you are able to go for the more versatile ones that may cost more, go ahead. Apart from being able to cool the room, you may want to look out for some of these extra features.
Dehumidifier: this feature is used to remove moisture from the air within the room. This helps to keep the air fresh. This feature can also prevent mold from growing in your room.
Fan: You may want to just circulate the air in the room as opposed to cooling it. The fan option may save you a higher energy bill and sometimes it is enough just to have a fan blowing the air instead of running the conditioner
Heater: It helps to have a heating system as well on your portable air conditioner so that even during the winter, the same unit will be able to keep the temperature comfortable. You actually save money as well since you do not have to buy or install a heater separately.
Evaporator: Some air conditioners have an evaporator which saves you the trouble of having to empty a bucket from time to time.
Programmable timer: A programmable timer allows you to set the time that the conditioner starts running and when it goes off, this means you can set it to turn on an hour before you get home so that you return to an already cooled house, this feature will also save energy.
Remote control: this is a feature of convenience, you may not want to get out of bed to turn on or off the unit so having a remote control makes it easier.
Lamp off: The lights on some units may be too bright in the night so if there is a lamp off feature, you can have the unit running but without all the indicator lights.
Installing a Portable Air Conditioner
The process of installing a portable air conditioner should be easy and should be done within a few minutes. Most of these units come with a window kit and that is the main part that needs to be installed.
Once you have taken out the unit from the box, you should be able to see the window kit which is composed of a hose, a window bracket, and a hose adapter.
Start by attaching the hose to the adapters according to the instructions from the manufacturer
Ensure that the unit is installed near the window, in most cases, the hose is between 4 and 5 feet long so ensure it can stretch from the unit to the window.
Attach the hose to the part on the air conditioner that the manual says it should be attached to.
Next place the window bracket along the length of the window or if your window slides vertically, then place it along the width.
Some window kits may need to be screwed on while most do not.
Finally, attach the other end of the hose to the bracket and then shut the window to meet the bracket.
Plug in the unit and it is ready to blow cool air.